Drum making Workshops
The Shaman's Drum is a powerful tool for healing and inducing altered states of consciousness.
Drumming is a connection to the heartbeat of Mother Earth and is a reminder of the natural rhythms of the Universe.
Learn an ancient practice of the Warrior Shaman. It also is the amplifier of intent. It has the power to heal, transform and transport us to new dimensions of our spirit.
Barry will guide you through the step by step process of making your own Shaman Drum.
Gain insights and clarity from within as you make this very powerful healing tool.
All materials are supplied and no experience is necessary. Approx 6 hours.
Standard drum - 340 diameter x 70 deep - $140
Larger drum - 450 diameter - $160
A few things drum makers need to bring with them:
1. A towel to place wet skins on
2. Padding for a beater head (an old sock/material will do perfectly)
3. Something to cover the beater head, maybe a piece of thin leather/suede, tapestry or felt
4. A pillow case to take the drum home
5. A selection of beater sticks about a finger thick (length approx. from your wrist to elbow)
Your Tutor: Barry travels extensively and has spent time with various tribes in America. He was taught drum making by a First Nation Chief and has been running drum making workshops for many years.
He presented a drum to the Mongolian Shamanic Association, guest lecturer at NZ Leather Association and played Pow Wow drums with the First Nation tribes in Canada.